The World Health Organization (WHO) reports stress to be the #1 health problem in the U.S., and businesses and organizations are currently losing billions of dollars annually resulting from:
- Poor health in the form of high blood pressure, heart disease, obesity, and psychological disorders.
- Lower productivity from mental distractions and absenteeism.
- Less cooperation and teamwork, leading to greater inefficiency.
- Inability to focus on job tasks and the organization’s goals.
- Higher health care costs
As an individual, do you know how much stress is costing you personally & professionally? As a business owner, do you know how much stress is impacting your employees and subsequently the bottom line for your business?
While those costs are likely high, the good news is there is a clinically proven psychological concept called Mindfulness that can help people live healthier lives, thus reducing the astronomical costs that poor health and chronic stress can bring. Mindfulness is a simple & effective treatment that if practiced regularly can, according to Harvard Business Review & Forbes Magazine, help in the following ways:
- Increased mental focus & clarity for better decision making and more proficient critical thinking skills
- Amplified creativity for more innovative & creative thinking
- Enhanced compassion & courage for more robust team work & leadership
- Enhanced coping skills & emotional intelligence for improved problem solving in the face of challenges
- Reduced stress for decreased depression & anxiety for less absenteeism due to illness
Big companies such as Google, Apple Computers, General Mills, Nike, Target, Procter & Gamble, Boeing and Facebook understand the high costs & negative impact an unhealthy workforce can bring, so they support workplace wellness programs that include mindfulness training…and with studies such showing that mindfulness training programs yield a return of 5 to 10 times their cost (Mindfulness Meditation Institute), the value of implementation can far outweigh the costs.
To learn more about Mindfulness and how Mindfulness Training can help you, your business or organization contact Lori at Foundations Counseling at 847-497-0524 or Lori@FoundationsCounselingCenter.org.
Live Mindfully & Prosper!